What Can A Paralegal Do In A Simple Divorce?
A paralegal combined with your participation will make sure the right documents are being used as well as being filled out correctly. The offset for you is the savings in fees. The savings can be in the thousands, even the tens of thousands.
Here are some of the documents they can help you with:
- Petition for Divorce with no property or minor children
- Petition for Divorce with property and/or minor children
- Marital Settlement Agreements (often included within the divorce fee)
- Petition for Legal Separation
- Orders to Show Cause (OSC) - Child Support, Child Custody, Visitation and more
- Modifications of Spousal and Child Support, Child Custody and Visitation
- QDRO - Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Documents pertaining to District Attorney child support matters
- Adoptions (Stepparent and Grandparent)
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Paternity and Parental Rights Actions
The end results are just as legal and binding as if it were performed by an attorney, the difference as stated earlier is your participation in the paperwork process in exchange for a big cost saving.
If money is a consideration and you and your ex can agree on a simple divorce, then using the paralegal alternative might be just right for you, or you might even do it yourself.